Flagler Hospital believes in the treatment of the whole person - body,
mind, and spirit - recognizing that when a physical health issue occurs,
people are often affected spiritually as much as they are physically.
For many, religious faith is a vital force in their life – influencing
the wellness of the whole person. With that in mind, we are pleased to
provide pastoral care for our patients, friends, family, and staff.
We offer spiritual support and care to all people during medical crises.
If you require specific spiritual services, our team of over twenty-five
Chaplains who generously volunteer their time for the patients, family
members and staff of Flagler Hospital will make every attempt to accommodate.
Click here to meet our
Chaplain Steering Committee
Our Chaplains work with you and your family:
- Exploring the spiritual significance in your illness
- Drawing on your faith to help you cope with your illness and related stresses
- Provide support to deal with the emotional and spiritual distresses of
illness and for the strain they put on the individual, family and friends
- Support in dying and while facing death; and for families in their grief
Spiritual Support Services Available for Patients, Friends & Family
- Pastoral visits to inpatient rooms
- Pastoral visits to Out Patient Surgery patients and families
- Visits to the ER
- Visits to the ICU's
- Spiritual support for Bariatric Surgery patients and families
- Visits to waiting rooms
- Response to Codes
- Emergency baptism
- Holiday (Christmas and Easter) worship services
- After hours emergency support
Spiritual Support Services Available for Staff
- Memorial services
- Group and individual spiritual and grief meetings
Flagler Hospital's multi-faith chapel is located on the second floor
of the main hospital building. The chapel is available for individual
and small group usage
Requesting pastoral care services:
- Upon admission to the hospital, you may request visits from our chaplains
- You may also request a chaplain to visit at any time during your stay by
contacting your nurse or the Patient Engagement staff.
- You may request visits from Eucharistic Ministers/Visitors or ask us to
contact your local church
- During normal business hours: 904-819-4789 (Patient Engagement)
- For emergencies, any time: 904-819-5155 (Operator)
Spiritual Care Program Team
- Ordained ministers, deacons, pastors, priests, rabbis
- Qualified lay chaplains
- Patient Engagement staff members
Chaplains are available 24 hours, every day.