bariatric surgery advocacy florida
Meet Dr. Marema
Dr. Marema is one of the most respected surgeons in bariatric medicine.
His practice has performed over 7,000 bariatric procedures and is nationally
recognized as a leader in treating obesity. Currently, Dr. Marema serves
as the Director of Bariatric Surgery at Flagler Hospital. Not only has
Dr. Marema transformed thousands of lives through bariatric surgery…he
is a successful bariatric patient as well.
Dr. Marema has served as:
- Medical Director of the Flagler Hospital Bariatric Center
- Director of U.S. Bariatric Management Institute
- Medical Director of U.S. Bariatric
- Medical Director of Bariatric Services at Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami
- Medical Director of Bariatric Services at Holy Cross Hospital and Celebration Hospital
These challenging positions have given Dr. Marema the advantage of overseeing
a few of the world’s leading bariatric programs from several different
As a bariatric surgeon, Dr. Marema has changed the lives of thousands of
formerly obese individuals, and, as an innovator and pioneer, he has helped
in the development of new medical devices and the refinement of several
bariatric procedures. The bariatric program created by Dr. Marema at U.S.
Bariatric is considered by many to be one of the best in the world.
As lecturer, moderator, and instructor, Dr. Robert Marema has been instrumental
in the training of hundreds of bariatric surgeons. He has facilitated
numerous courses and programs presented by the American Society for Bariatric
Surgery (ASBS), Cleveland Clinic, Ethicon Endo-Surgery (a Johnson &
Johnson company), the European Surgical Institute (ESI), The Association
of Latin American Endoscopic Surgeons (ALACE), and USBMI, among others.
|ROBERT T. MAREMA, M.D., F.A.C.S.
M.D. 1982, University of Miami, School of Medicine
Advanced Training Internship and Residency:
- University of Miami, FL
- Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Miami, FL
- American Board of Surgery 1989
- American Board of Surgery, Recertification 1998
- Bariatric Surgery: Open and Laparoscopic
- Adjustable Gastric Banding
Hospital Staff Privileges:
- Flagler Hospital, Saint Augustine, Florida
- Holy Cross Hospital, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Fellow of the American College of Surgery
- Diplomat of the American Board of Surgery
- Member of the American Medical Association
- Member of the Florida Medical Association
- Member of the Broward County Medical Association
- Member of the Fort Lauderdale Surgical Society
- Member of the Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- Member of the American Society of Bariatric Surgery
- Member of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity
Focus on what you have to gain, not what you have
Register for a Free Seminar Today.
Want to learn more about Bariatic Surgery
Read more & watch more videos.
The bariatric team at Flagler is one of the most respected in bariatric medicine
Meet the Team