Better Balance Workshop
This workshop has been created for older adults who currently live Independently,
who may have had a fall, are afraid of falling, have a balance problem,
or want to know more about balance and fall prevention.
- It is a six-week workshop focusing on education with guest experts from
the areas of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, Podiatry,
Psychology, and Tai Chi. The workshop will include physical exercise for
strength and balance. The six-week workshop will be held on Fridays from
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm at the Flagler Hospital Wellness Center.
There is a $20 dollar fee.
Call 904.819.3070 for information on upcoming workshops dates. Payment collected at the first workshop, cash or check accepted.
- Can you walk on your own (use of a cane is permitted)?
- Can you bathe, dress, and use the restroom by yourself?
- Can you participate safely in group exercise, this includes seated and
- Can you follow through with a written exercise program that you will take home?
- Do you leave your home for shopping, dining, and social participation?
- If you answered NO to any of the above questions then this group learning
environment is not best suited for your needs. You still can seek help
with your balance through Physical Therapy sessions, or one on one care.
If interested please find a balance specialist near you or call Flagler
Hospital Physical Therapy at 904-819-4374
* Please click below to register, classes fill up quickly.
Click here to register