Need to Know
- Students in the Youth Leadership St. Johns program must commit to a high
standard of attendance and participation in the retreat and program sessions.
Note the dates on the program calendar. Being absent for more than 8 unexcused
hours will result in dismissal from the program.
- Please be sure that you DO NOT have any conflicts with the program calendar
before applying. The St. Johns County School District gives Youth Leadership
St. Johns students excused absences for all activities.
- If you plan to dual enroll at St. Johns River State College, please do
not apply to this program as the college will not give excused absences
for program days.
- St. Johns County resident.
- Apply in the high school sophomore year for participation the junior year.
(We will consider one student who is home schooled or attending private
school outside of St. Johns County)
- Have a minimum of a 2.0 unweighted cumulative grade point average at the
time of application, which must be maintained during the program. (Students
will receive excused absences for missed school days).
- Demonstrate a high standard of character and behavior and interest &/or
leadership skills in extracurricular activities.
- Have an interest in learning about community issues and ways to lend leadership to them.
- Must be capable of extensive independent walking and physical activity.
APPLICANT CHECK LIST
Submit your application no later than March 3, 2020. Applications are available online
- Fill out the application form completely. All signatures are required.
Mail or drop off your completed application to Community Health Improvement
Dept, 100 Whetstone Place, Suite 303, St. Augustine, Florida, 32086, or
email the completed PDF to
ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY March 3, 2020.